We made our favourite food together today. To be exact, Amanda loves lollipops and I love chocolate cookies. So we made lollipops cookies. Amanda gets her lollipops (made from cookies) and I get my cookies (in lollipops shape). What a win win and fun activity.
200gm plain flour
150gm butter, softened
100gm caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 190C/ 375F.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients to form a stiff dough. Divide the dough in half.
5. Knead the cocoa powder into one half.
6. Roll a piece of each type of dough into square size. Brush the top of each square with milk.
7. Put the square on top of another and roll them up together.
8. Wrap the roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
9. Cut the roll in slices. Push a lollipop stick into the middle of each one.
10. Arrange them on the baking tray and bake until lightly browned or 15 minutes.